It’s the name of the next album.
I’ve already figured out the track selection and order:
- “We” – by my friend Tom Hamilton and the SPLAT! band (RIP P.C.)
- “She’s Everything to Me” – I started writing this in ’91 – time to finish it
- “Stranger’s Arms” – a remake of the 1977 David Sanborn vocal (what??)
- “Absolutely Impurfekt” -oh, the challenge of writing lyrics!
- “Not Like This” – the classic Al Jarreau ballad
- “The New York City Strut” – Will & Cliff – I will make you proud….thank you for letting record this!!
I was planning on recording the record this year, but pneumonia and getting healthy (both physically and mentally) altered my plans….
I’m actually glad that I didn’t record it yet – when I did the last record 14 years ago, I recorded it in hopes of getting a background vocalist gig with a major artist. In doing so, I was too much of a perfectionist, and in hindsight, I didn’t enjoy the experience the way I could have (and should have).
This one will be different -going into the studio at age 50 or 51 (or 52, but definitely before 53) brings a different perspective, maturity, and knowing that the ONLY goal this time is to enjoy the experience, have fun, and try to do my best….if it has a flaw or two – so what!
Absolutely Impurfekt….that’s the way I want to be.